Thursday, October 05, 2006

Been Gone Too Long...

Phew! I didn't mean to stay gone for this long! But life has a way of creeping up on you doesn't it? I've been busy with work etc. and I have definitely been knitting! My first ever sock (I posted a pic of it in progress) was coming along nicely until I made the dreaded mistake, I'm a fairly new knitter so I'm not too good at frogging so I had to take it apart and i'm now just starting it again, I'll post a pic of that when I get further along!

I was away last weekend - my sister's and I went to St. Jacob's, Ontario - a small Amish village a few hours from here to do some shopping - lucky for me both of my sister's are into knitting as well so we hit a couple of knitting stores while we were there. I'm in the Knit Tea Swap 2 so I picked some things up for my swap buddy - hopefully she'll like what I got her - this is my first ever swap so I'm nervous about picking good things to send to her! I still have a few more things to get for her and I'm hoping to mail it out on Wednesday or Thursday. My swap buddy - a nice woman by the name of "Tonya"has been in touch with me - check out her blog!

Now - for what I've been up to knitwise ....


I'm making the "Loopy Scarf" out of Paton's Bohemian - I love this yarn!



This Patons Bohemian is for my friend Linda - she came along on our St.Jacob's trip and fell in love with the scarf - but doesn't know how to knit - so i'm knitting this up for her - the colours are actually darker than this pic!


This yarn is for MY scarf! I love these browns - these pictures don't do the colours of this yarn justice!


and next i'm working on...


Yep! MORE dishcloths! I'm actually doing these for my special swap buddy - thought they would be nice to tuck into her package! Then after that NO more dishcloths for awhile - even though I have one heck of a cotton stash going on!


and now a future project update....


My granddaughter Havana - I'm hoping to buy her yarn for her mitred square blanket next week! Keep your fingers crossed for me - here she is today with her Little Mermaid crown on - her mom was out buying her the movie! lol and she was getting ready for it!



And there you have the complete update on what's going on with me! I hope everyone out there is knitting up a storm!

take care
Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home